Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pushing myself

I know you guys are missing my Facebook posts about how far I walked each day. Truth is I went back to the working world on Tuesday and didn't walk all week. *gasp*
I think a treadmill might be beneficial now in case I feel like walking after dark but don't want to be eaten by the wild animals. There is only 1 street light on my whole road and since I live in the sticks, only the stars and moon light the way.
Hubby went to work today with my car so I couldn't drive anywhere, my son went next door to visit Grandma and Grandpa, and I decided there wouldn't be a better time to go. No excuses! With the threat of a thunder and lightning storm I laced up, put on a raincoat and headed out. I always try to push myself everytime I go (unless I am on a time constraint or I'm not feeling good - another post perhaps about my leftover gallstones). Last week when I walked in the rain I went to civic # 1763 (Antrim Rd). There and back from my house is about 4.8km. Once I get past that first kilometer I always feel like I could walk forever until I realise that I do have to eventually turn around and make it back home. Today I reached civic # 1763 and decided to keep going.  Once I hit civic # 1724 I decided to turn around and head home. 68 minutes and 6km done; half of it uphill (have I ever mentioned how much I hate hills?) and I feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment