Monday, July 30, 2012

Walking Challenge and letting go of the mat pants

There were a few different Walking Challenges on My Fitness Pal so I joined one. The goal was to walk at least 30 minutes every day of July. After my walk tomorrow morning I will have walked 79km (1435 minutes) total. I'd say it was a success :)
I'm thinking about continuing this for August.. anyone else in?

In other successes, I weighed myself this morning and saw a number I haven't seen in at least 8 years. I was kind of shocked and yelled for Mike (hubby) to come upstairs and see for himself. He smiled so I think he's proud (don't tell him I said that). I weigh 8-10lbs less now than when I got married (2005)!
Over the weekend I put on a pair of jeans I had bought before I got pregnant with my son (2006) and found they were a bit big. Bummer (kinda) because I was excited to wear them again and now they're too big. Someone is going to get a good deal when I sell them because I had only bought them a few weeks before I found out I was pregnant and fell into maternity-clothing-heaven. Yes maternity clothes are amazing. Like wearing your favorite sweatpants all the time except they're more socially acceptable. For the record I wore my maternity pants until a few weeks ago. I think the problem with wearing them post-baby is that they are TOO forgiving thus you don't notice the effects that the 3am feedings are having on your body (I don't mean the baby's feeding, I mean the 6 fudgee-o's you stuff in your face while you're waiting for the bottle to warm up). It has taken me this long to let go of the comfort of the belly panel in mat pants. I know it doesn't MAKE you look skinnier, but it makes me feel "held in"; like a secret hug for my fat.

104lbs to go!

Sarah

1 comment: